6th October 2021 Current Affairs
Daily Important GK Update of sixth October October 2021 protecting the next information headlines: Magnus Carlsen, i-Drone, 2021 Yidan Prize, JIMEX-21, [email protected] Expo, Mahabahu Brahmaputra River Heritage Centre.
1. Vice President inaugurates Mahabahu Brahmaputra River Heritage Centre
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the Mahabahu Brahmaputra River Heritage Centre within the presence of Governor Jagdish Mukhi and Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in Guwahati within the state of Assam.
- The centre was initially served because the residence of the British deputy commissioner of Kamrup. Nearly 150 years after it was constructed, the long-lasting DC Bungalow of Guwahati was opened to the general public as a heritage centre.
- After the British annexed Assam in 1826 (after the Treaty of Yandaboo), the publish of DC was created for Guwahati in 1839.
- Several websites have been surveyed for DC residence earlier than Barphukanar Tilla on the banks of the Brahmaputra, the place cannons used within the Battle of Saraighat lay scattered, was chosen. Post-independence, it continued to be the DC’s bungalow till 2011.
2. PM Modi visits [email protected] Expo in Lucknow
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘[email protected] – New Urban India: Transforming Urban Landscape’ Conference-cum-Expo in Lucknow on the Indira Gandhi Pratishthan as part of [email protected] celebrations.
- The theme of the three-day occasion is “New Urban India”. It will culminate on October 07, 2021. The Conference-cum-Expo is organised by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- PM just about handed over keys of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) homes to 75,000 beneficiaries in 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh and interacted with beneficiaries of the scheme of Uttar Pradesh.
- PM inaugurated and laid the muse stone of 75 city improvement initiatives of the state beneath Smart Cities Mission and AMRUT.
- He flagged off 75 buses beneath FAME-II for seven cities together with Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Prayagraj, Gorakhpur, Jhansi and Ghaziabad.
- PM introduced the organising of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chair in Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU), Lucknow.
3. India joins Seychelles’ Tax Inspectors Without Borders programme
- The Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) has launched its programme in Seychelles. India has been chosen because the Partner Administration for this programme. The nation will likely be offering its Tax Expert in assist of the initiative.
- The focus of the 12-month programme will likely be on Transfer Pricing circumstances of tourism and monetary companies sectors.
- TIWB is a joint initiative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), since its launch in 2015.
- The intention of the initiative is to help nations in strengthening their tax administration by transferring technical know-how and abilities to the tax auditors by sharing of greatest audit practices.
4. Alibaug white onion will get GI tag for well being advantages
- The famed white onion of Alibag in Maharashtra’s Raigad district was given the Geographical Indication (GI) tag bringing worldwide recognition to its distinctive candy style, no-tears issue, in addition to its medicinal properties.
- The soil of Alibaug taluka has low sulphur content material. The NABL-approved lab take a look at report mentions low pungency, candy style, ‘no tear’ issue, low pyruvic acid, excessive protein, fats & fibre, and many others.
- The agriculture division right here and Konkan Agriculture University had collectively submitted the GI utility on January 15, 2019. On September 29 this 12 months, the proposal was scrutinised within the Mumbai workplace of the Registrar of Patents and it was determined to confer GI tag on Alibag’s white onion.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- Maharashtra Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari;
- Maharashtra Capital: Mumbai;
- Maharashtra CM: Uddhav Thackeray.
4. CoinDCX ropes Amitabh Bachchan to boost crypto consciousness
- Crypto change CoinDCX has roped in Amitabh Bachchan as a model ambassador to unfold consciousness about cryptocurrencies. Through this collaboration, CoinDCX needs to extend consciousness round crypto and popularise it as an rising asset class.
- CoinDCX needs to make sure that crypto is accessible to everybody. The crypto trade in India is on an exponential climb, rising steadily over the last few years, with tens of millions of Indians rising as early adopters of the crypto asset class.
5. Eric Braganza appointed as CEAMA president
- The Consumer Electronics and Appliances Manufacturers Association (CEAMA) has appointed Eric Braganza as its president for a two-year time period. He succeeds Godrej Appliances Business Head and Executive Vice-President Kamal Nandi for the CEAMA chair.
- Braganza, an alumnus of Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi, has over 35 years and has held senior administration positions within the client electronics and home equipment trade in numerous corporations.
- Established in 1978, CEAMA represents the buyer electronics and residential home equipment trade and goals to boost the event of the trade and its parts manufacturing.
6. fifth India-Japan Bilateral Maritime Exercise JIMEX-21 begins
- The fifth version of India – Japan Maritime Bilateral Exercise JIMEX was held within the Arabian Sea from 06 to 08 October 2021.
- The Indian Navy is represented by indigenously constructed Guided Missile Stealth Destroyer Kochi and Guided Missile Frigate Teg, P8I Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft, Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft, integral helicopters and MiG 29K fighter plane.
- JIMEX sequence of workout routines between the Indian Navy (IN) and the Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF) are being held since 2012.
- JIMEX-21 goals to develop a standard understanding of operational procedures and improve inter-operability by the conduct of a large number of superior workout routines, throughout the complete spectrum of maritime operations. It will additional improve the cooperation and mutual confidence between the 2 navies.
8. SBI launches NAV-eCash card in collaboration with Indian navy
- State Bank of India (SBI) has introduced the launch of SBI’s NAV-eCash card on INS Vikramaditya, the biggest naval plane provider of India. The new journey envisioned for the cardboard is about to alter the fee ecosystem, whereas the ship is crusing with no dependency on utilisation of any type of money to avail any of the companies on board.
- The new NAV-eCash card will facilitate each on-line and offline transactions. The card will obviate the difficulties confronted by personnel onboard in dealing with bodily money throughout deployment of the ship at excessive seas.
- The new journey envisioned within the type of a NAV-eCash Card will change the fee ecosystem whereas the ship is crusing with no dependency on money for utilization of any of the companies on board.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- SBI Chairperson: Dinesh Kumar Khara.
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai.
- SBI Founded: 1 July 1955.
9. The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2021 introduced
- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2021 was awarded collectively to Benjamin List and David W.C. MacMillan “for the development of asymmetric organocatalysis.” This has had a terrific influence on pharmaceutical analysis and has made chemistry greener.
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has determined to award the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2021.
- Catalysts are thus elementary instruments for chemists, however researchers lengthy believed that there have been, in precept, simply two sorts of catalysts accessible: metals and enzymes.
- Benjamin List and David MacMillan are awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2021 as a result of in 2000 they, unbiased of one another, developed a 3rd sort of catalysis. It is known as uneven organocatalysis and builds upon small natural molecules.
10. Prof Eric Hanushek and Dr. Rukmini Banerji awarded the 2021 Yidan Prize
- Professor Eric A. Hanushek and Dr Rukmini Banerji have been awarded the 2021 Yidan Prize for Education Development for bettering studying outcomes in faculties at scale.
- Yidan Prize is the world’s highest training accolade, in recognition of their ground-breaking work addressing a vital piece of the training puzzle: bettering high quality of training and outcomes for learners at scale.
- The Yidan Prize was based by Charles Chen Yidan in 2016 to create a greater world by training. Yidan Prize Laureate receives a gold medal and a sum of $3.9 million.
Science and Technology News
11. Centre launches ICMR’s drone-based vaccine supply mannequin ‘i-Drone’
- The Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Mansukh Mandaviya, launched ‘i-Drone’, a drone-based vaccine supply mannequin for Northeast states. The i-Drone has been developed by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). i-Drone stands for ICMR’s Drone Response and Outreach in North East.
- The important goal of this software is to facilitate vaccine supply to powerful and hard-to-reach terrains of India, and to enhance healthcare accessibility to the final mile. Currently, the drone-based supply mission is being carried out in Manipur, Nagaland, and the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Island.
- ICMR collaborated with the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur for conducting an preliminary examine to check the capability of drones to hold and switch vaccines safely.
12. Magnus Carlsen wins Meltwater Champions Chess Tour title
- World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen has gained the inaugural Meltwater Champions Chess Tour, to assert the non-fungible token (NFT) trophy and $1,00,000 within the finals.
- The 10-month lengthy on-line chess tournaments have been held on chess24.com from November 22, 2020, until October 4, 2021. The tournaments usually are not rated by FIDE.
- The MCCT tour comprised of 10 complete tournaments. The 2021 Meltwater Champions Chess Tour was probably the most seen on-line chess occasion within the historical past of the sport. Magnus Carlsen is now thought of because the undisputed greatest on-line chess participant on this planet.
13. Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2021: October 01 to 31
- Every 12 months the Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) is noticed within the month of October, from 01 to 31. The annual worldwide well being marketing campaign goals to extend consciousness of the illness and to boost funds for analysis into its trigger, prevention, analysis, therapy and treatment.
- The pink ribbon is a world image of breast most cancers consciousness. Breast Cancer is a sort of most cancers that arises within the epithelium (lining cells) of the ducts or lobules within the glandular tissues of the breast.
- In 2020 greater than 2.3 million girls throughout the globe have been recognized with breast most cancers. Around 50% of breast cancers develop in girls, who wouldn’t have identifiable breast most cancers threat components aside from gender and age (above 40 years).
14. Atal Vajpayee’s Former Private Secretary Shakti Sinha passes away
- Shakti Sinha, former bureaucrat, and academician who was non-public secretary to late prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, handed away. Sinha, an IAS officer of the 1979 batch, was additionally former Director of Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML).
- He labored carefully with Vajpayee between 1996 and 1999 and had written a memoir titled Vajpayee: The Years That Changed India.
15. GI tagged candy dish Mihidana has been exported to Baharain
- The first consignment of Geographical Indication (GI) tagged candy dish Mihidana, from Bardhaman, West Bengal has been exported to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- This initiative is a part of the trouble to advertise indigenous & Geographical Identification (GI) tagged merchandise of India globally. The product was exported by APEDA registered M/S DM Enterprises, Kolkata.
- West Bengal’s Bardhaman received the GI tag for the Mihidana sweetmeats in 2017. A GI tag is an indication denoting a selected geographical origin and possesses qualities or a status which can be because of that origin.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of West Bengal: Mamata Banerjee; Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar.