17th September 2021 Current Affairs
Daily Important GK Update of seventeenth September 2021 overlaying the next information headlines: World Patient Safety Day, 2021 International Young Eco-Hero, Euro Green Bond, National Cadet Corps, Production linked incentive, DDCA Ombudsman.
1. Cabinet approves 100% FDI underneath computerized route in Telecom Sector
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has accepted quite a lot of structural and course of reforms within the Telecom sector, to offer aid to ailing telecom service suppliers, combating excessive ranges of debt.
- A complete of 9 structural and 5 course of reforms have been accepted by the Union Cabinet. Some main reforms introduced are as follows:
- Change within the definition of AGR: The definition of Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR) has been modified and now all non-telecom income will probably be faraway from AGR.
- Rationalised Spectrum Usage Charges: The month-to-month compounding of curiosity on spectrum utilization expenses is changed by annual compounding and the rate of interest will come down, based mostly on the system MCLR + 2%. Penalty on fee of licence charges, spectrum consumer expenses and every kind of expenses have been utterly scrapped.
- Four-year Moratorium on dues: Moratorium has been introduced on statutory dues of the telecom sector for 4 years. It will probably be relevant from October 1, 2021
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI): The authorities has elevated the FDI within the Telecom sector underneath the automated route from 49% to 100%.
- Auction calendar mounted: Spectrum auctions will henceforth be held within the final quarter of each monetary yr.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- Minister of Communications: Ashwini Vaishnaw.
3. US, UK and Australia announce new partnership “AUKUS”
- Global Deputy CTO of State Bank of India, Amit Saxena has joined RBI Innovation Hub because the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- The Reserve Bank introduced that it could arrange Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH) to advertise innovation throughout the monetary sector by leveraging on expertise and creating an surroundings that may facilitate and foster innovation.
- The RBIH shall create an ecosystem that may give attention to selling entry to monetary companies and merchandise. This may even promote monetary inclusion.
3. Former SC decide Indu Malhotra appointed DDCA Ombudsman
- Former Supreme Court decide, Justice (Retired) Indu Malhotra would be the new Ombudsman cum Ethics Officer of Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) for a interval of 1 yr was made.
- The DDCA’s normal physique, headed by its president Rohan Jaitley, selected 65-year-old Justice (Retd) Malhotra’s appointment. In 2007, Malhotra was designated senior advocate by the Supreme Court and he or she grew to become solely the second girl to be designated by the apex court docket after a niche of three a long time.
- She has been appointed amicus curiae by completely different benches of the Supreme Court in some issues. After serving as authorized counsel within the Supreme Court for 30 years, she was unanimously really useful for appointment as a decide of the Supreme Court.
Schemes and Committees News
4. Cabinet approves Rs 26,058 crore PLI Scheme for Auto and Drone Industry
- The Union Cabinet has accepted a manufacturing linked incentive (PLI) scheme for auto, auto-components and drone industries to reinforce India’s manufacturing capabilities.
- The PLI scheme will incentivise the emergence of superior automotive applied sciences’ international provide chain in India. Incentives price Rs. 26,058 crore will probably be supplied to business over 5 years, the minister instructed reporters after the Cabinet assembly.
- The PLI scheme for car and drone industries is a part of the general announcement of PLI schemes for 13 sectors made earlier throughout the Union Budget 2021-22, with an outlay of Rs. 1.97 lakh crore.
- From the whole funds of Rs 26,058 crores, an quantity of Rs 25,938 crores has been sanctioned for the car business and Rs 120 crores for the drone business.
5. J&K Lt. Governor Manoj Sinha launches ‘One Gram Panchayat-One DIGI-Pay Sakhi’
- In Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha has launched a brand new mission known as ‘One Gram Panchayat-One DIGI-Pay Sakhi’. The mission was launched at Jammu & Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute, Pampore.
- He outlined that DIGI-Pay Sakhi has launched monetary inclusion inside the UT’s Self Help Group (SHG) ecosystem, creating a lot wanted monetary entry factors with larger transparency even within the remotest of the areas.
Ranks and Reports News
6. NITI Aayog Launches Report on ‘Reforms in Urban Planning Capacity in India’
- NITI Aayog has launched a report titled ‘Reforms in Urban Planning Capacity in India’ which presents measures to ramp up city planning capability in India.
- The report was launched on September 16, 2021, collectively by NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar, CEO Shri Amitabh Kant and Special Secretary Dr K. Rajeswara Rao.
- The report has made a number of suggestions that may unblock bottlenecks within the worth chain of city planning capability in India. Some of them embody programmatic Intervention for the Planning of Health, Re-engineering of Urban Governance, Revision of Town and Country Planning Acts.
- The report suggests that each metropolis should aspire to change into a ‘Healthy City for All’ by 2030.
- The report has additionally really useful a Central Sector Scheme named ‘500 Healthy Cities Programme’, for a interval of 5 years. Under this precedence cities and cities can be chosen collectively by the states and native our bodies.
7. Defence Ministry constitutes High Level Expert Committee to overview NCC
- The Ministry of Defence has constituted a High-Level Expert Committee, for a complete overview of the National Cadet Corps (NCC). Former Member of Parliament (MP) Baijayant Panda would be the Chairperson of the Committee.
- The 15-member committee may even embody Cricketer MS Dhoni and Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra as members.
- Suggest measures to empower NCC cadets to contribute extra successfully in the direction of nation constructing
- Propose methods for gainful engagement of NCC Alumni for the betterment of the organisation
- Recommend greatest practices of comparable worldwide youth organisations for inclusion within the NCC curriculum.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- NCC Founded: 16 April 1948;
- NCC Headquarters: New Delhi.
8. Power Finance Corporation points India’s first-ever Euro Green Bond
- The main energy sector NBFC, Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC), efficiently issued its maiden Euro Green Bond. The 7-year Euro 300 million Bond has been priced at 1.841 per cent.
- This Euro Green Bond is the first-ever Euro denominated Green bond issuance from India. It can be the first-ever Euro issuance by an Indian NBFC. With the issuance, PFC has additionally forayed into the European marketplace for its worldwide fundraising.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd Headquarters: New Delhi;
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd Founded: 16 July 1986;
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd chairman and managing director: R S Dhillon.
9. Ayaan Shankta named as “2021 International Young Eco-Hero”
- A 12-year-old environmental activist from Mumbai, Maharashtra, Ayaan Shankta has been named as “2021 International Young Eco-Hero”.
- He gained the third prize underneath the Age Group: 8-14 for his venture “Conservation and Rehabilitation of Powai Lake” and have become one of many 25 international winners of the Young Eco-Hero Award 2021.
- The award introduced by “The Action for Nature”, San Francisco based mostly NGO, acknowledge younger individuals (8 to 16 years outdated) for his or her environmental achievements.
10. World Patient Safety Day: 17 September
- World Patient Safety Day is noticed on September 17 to create a world consciousness for affected person security and urge individuals to indicate their dedication to creating healthcare safer.
- The Day brings collectively sufferers, households, caregivers, communities, well being employees, well being care leaders and policy-makers to indicate their dedication to affected person security. The theme for 2021 WPSD is ‘Safe maternal and newborn care’.
- World Patient Safety Day – established by the World Health Assembly in 2019 by means of decision WHA72.6 on “Global action on patient safety” is noticed yearly on 17 September. It was adopted on the 72nd World Health Assembly on 25 May 2019.
11. Eminent Kashmiri Writer Aziz Hajini passes away
- Noted author and former secretary of Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture and Languages Aziz Hajini handed away. Hajini, born as Abdul Aziz Parray in north Kashmir’s Bandipora, was appointed Secretary J&K Academy of Art Culture and Languages in 2015.
- He has over twenty books in Kashmiri to his credit score together with poetry and criticism. Hajini gained the Sahitya Akademi Award (criticism) in 2016 for his guide ‘Aane Khane’ written in Kashmiri. He has additionally gained the Sahitya Akademi Translation Award in 2013 for Za Gaz Zameen, Kashmiri translation of Abdul Samad’s Urdu novel Do Gaz Zameen.
12. Former India participant and Mohun Bagan nice Bhabani Roy passes away
- Former India footballer and Mohun Bagan captain, Bhabani Roy handed away. He was joined Bagan in 1966 and performed for the membership until 1972. He represented India within the 1969 Merdeka Cup and performed in three matches.
- Bhabani Roy helped Mohun Bagan win the Rovers Cup in 1968, 1970, 1971 and 1972 (Joint Winner). At the home degree, he was a part of the West Bengal workforce that gained the Santosh Trophy in 1968 and 1971.
13. 2 instances Olympic Gold Medalist Yuriy Sedykh passes away
- Double Olympic hammer throw gold medallist Yuriy Sedykh, a Ukrainian monitor and area athlete who represented the Soviet Union till 1991, has handed away.
- He set the world file for the hammer throw with a throw of 86.74 metres on the European Championships in Stuttgart in 1986 which continues to be not damaged.
- He gained his first gold medal on the 1976 Olympics in Montreal and his second gold on the 1980 Olympics in Moscow.